Friday, July 23, 2010

The past few days in Beijing- 3 days to Gotcha day!

Vince and I have had a wonderful time in the big city, but must admit we have had a hard time adjusting to the time zone differences.  I didn't have as much trouble the last visit.  Vince explored the city solo on Wednesday.  He met a friend named Jack from Hong Kong who was on holiday and they toured together and went to a traditional tea house for tea.  He bought 3 bins of tea!  And he thinks I am buying too much!  Here are some pictures of his exploration.


While Vince is touring I have been productive working with my Beijing collegues and visiting the silk market after work.  What an amazing place.  The photos below are of me and my colleague eating a traditional chinese breakfast, my new friends at the silk market and Vince and I enjoying a brew after a long day of work and shopping.




The last picture is just too funny not to include.  This was in the tunnel to cross the street below the highway.  Funny thing is, I went in this same tunnel daily during my last trip in March to walk to our office and never noticed it, but Vince sure did because he nearly knocked his head on the sign!

We tour the Great Wall of China tomorrow, as well as Summer Palace, Forbidden City and Tiananmen square.  It's a packed day of tours that starts at 7:30 AM.  Then we leave early Sunday for Hangzhou.  I will try to update the blog, but adding pictures is proving to be a challenge.  Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment