Friday, September 3, 2010

New Glider, New Bedtime Routine?

Hanna's sleeping patterns have been so inconsistent.  Vince and I can't put any reason behind why one night she goes straight to bed and why another it takes her close to an hour and a half to settle and only after I lay with her for a few minutes.   It dawned on me one night that I used to read and rock with Davis until he was 4 years old.  He still loves to read books before going to bed.  Taking a book away before bedtime is the ultimate punishment to him.  I am hopeful that creating a similar routine will help Hanna and maybe make it feel less like we don't go straight from fun time to bed time without a transition.  I have been a mom before, I promise!  One of our friends from church offered to give us her glider rocker.  Tonight we started the routine with Hanna.  We read three books and rocked a bit before she jumped into bed and said "night night" and blew me a kiss.  It's only one night, but maybe the glider is what was missing.  Thanks, Kathy!!!  

Mommy is also trying to get a few books in while she is at home.  No easy task with a toddler at home, but I am in the India part of Eat, Pray, Love and next on the list is a parenting book- Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish.  My next project- put all of Davis' artwork from Primrose in a scrapbook- only the best over 5 years was saved but there is still a lot.  

Below is a cute photo of Hanna sleeping while we were in China.  Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment