Saturday, December 31, 2011

Post about nothing...

I am sitting outside on our screened in porch in complete amazement with how nice the weather is.

I am passing the time while the kids play outside and thinking about having a little adult time tonight.  How do I prepare for a nice dinner out?  Eat only veggies the day of, so you can enjoy a great dinner without the guilt.  Okay, so I will probably still have some guilt as I enjoy a glass of wine (or two), but I tell myself its okay as long as I don't over indulge the whole day.   Veggie soup full of cabbage was on the menu today.  Zero points if you are counting (on the old WW system).  Likely a ratatouille version of vegetables tomorrow (sans potatoes).
We have reservations with friends tonight at Poole's Diner.  It's a great place to eat if you haven't tried it.  They usually don't take reservations, so I am surprised we actually got them and on short notice.  Must be a New Year's eve special event.

Have I mentioned its been a great week, being off from work?  I am blogging about soup for goodness sake!  We are marking things off the "to do" list (that have been there a while) and just taking they days as they come.  It's so rare that we do that.  The Christmas trees are still up.  I have no desire to take those down yet.

One long over due chore for some time was to give Fishy's tank a good cleaning.  That has been almost a year coming.  I am not sure he could even see in the old water.  With a little scrubbing and rinsing, Fishy was swimming with such purpose in his renovated home!   It's true what they say about Beta fish.  You can't kill them.  They are survivors- we have had him over two years and he is still kicking.  Hope all that fresh water doesn't kill him!

Thanks for your patience, Fishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment